Healthy Banana Bread



Hooray for wonderful people who create wonderful recipes. @ambitiouskitchen on instagram posts loads of different recipes - sweet and savoury,  and caters for all different diets. 

I made this banana bread with no added sugars and it was so easy, plus it tastes really good.

You just need:
• 3 ripe bananas (the riper, the easier to mush up)
• 65g almond/peanut butter (I used peanut, smooth, Whole Earth just bcos I had that already. And I'm yet to try almond butter)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used 1/2 tspoon v extract and 6-7 drops of Women's Best vanilla drops)
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 eggs 
• a drop of coconut milk 
• 55-60g coconut flour (it's really important to add this bit by bit bcos it's fuuuuull of fibre and makes the mix rather dry when too much is used) 
• handful of chia seeds 
• another handful of nuts (you could use choc chips, anything you fancy)

The method:
1) Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
2) Mash bananas, add them to the bowl with peanut butter and vanilla. Mix using an electric mix if you have one, food processor or by hand. 
3) Add in the eggs, one by one.
4) Stir in the coco flour ~caaarefully~, then the baking powder and cinnamon.
5) My mixture started to turn really thick so I added a drop of coconut milk, the choice is yours!
6) Final addings - nuts, chia seeds and whatever your heart desires. 
7) Bake for 30ish mins.

Enjoooooy. I think it's supposed to make 12 slices, each slice being under 11g of sugar. (So you can have more than one slice, obvs.)

Comments

Popular Posts